DIY - Tailgate stopper for Honda CR-V RD1
Aktualisiert: 6. Nov. 2021
The biggest problem with the tailgate on the Honda CR-V is, that it won’t stay open when you aren’t parked completely level. So, I had to come up with a solution for that problem.
Since I bought the car used, the original Tailgate stopper wasn’t in the car anymore. I found a copy of the tailgate stopper to print it yourself online, but since I don’t own a 3D printer, I had to come up with something else.
So here is my own easy DIY tailgate stopper version.
- Stainless steel pipe 16mm in diameter and 200mm long
- Angle grinder with 1mm stainless steel discs
1. Cut the pipe to the right length of 200mm.
2. Then cut out a slit in the pipe 8mm thick.
3. File everything so there are no more sharp edges.
4. Try if it fits over the support struts, maybe some filing is required to fit it.
I hope this is useful for you guys.
Btw, this system can also work on other vehicles, just measure the support struts and cut the pipe accordingly.
Here the 3D printed version: